Welcome to the Phoenix Smart City App Hack
The Institute for Digital Progress (iDP) is the official partner for Phoenix’ Smart City App Hack project, which is devoted to drive civic innovation through the progress of Smart City technology.
The Phoenix Smart City App Hack has been kickstarted on June 27 and has been running during the last 5 months engaging a local community of developers, entrepreneurs and citizens who wanted to get involved in the process of co-creating apps that will help improve the quality of life of Phoenix citizens.
After these months of hard work, 5 finalists have been selected and will showcase their apps LIVE at the City Final on the Orpheum stage in front of a public audience. A panel of industry experts and local city officials will judge our finalists and determine who will be the first ever Phoenix Smart City App Hack Grand Champion who will then travel to Barcelona to represent PHX in the Smart City App Hack International Competition.
The City Final took place on October 22nd at Phoenix Orpheum Theatre from 4:30PM-8Pm, check below to see the winners and photos of the event!
GOT A GREAT IDEA ?
Whether you are a developer, designer, entrepreneur or a citizen with a great app idea, we invite you to participate and submit your idea on azidp.com !
This phase is closed
GET ACCELERATED !
Through a series of workshops with app development companies, they will take advantage of many free resources (Open Data, Fiware APIs, Mastercard ApIs, etc.) THIS PHASE IS CLOSED
MEET THE ARTISTS !
Before the D-day, have a look at their profile and don't forget to register to this great event !
THIS PHASE IS CLOSED
GLOBAL VISIBILITY IS ALREADY GUARANTEED ! Once selected you will find the lucky apps right here on this site. Stay tuned! SCAH@SCEWC
Meet the 5 apps selected for acceleration
What can you win ?
Phoenix SCAH Prizes
$3,000 cash prizes+ Commemorative Plaque + airfare + accommodation
+ entrance and pitch slot into the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona + Nomination to the Mobile Premier Awards 2016 + the chance to win more great prizes!
$1,000 cash prizes + Commemorative Plaque + the chance to be selected as one of the rest of the 15 finalists to present at the Grand SCAH Finale
$500 cash prizes + Commemorative Plaque + the chance to be selected as one of the rest of the 15 finalists to present at the Grand SCAH Finale
* The others finalists will still have the opportunity to be selected as one of the remaining slots for the 15 finalists to present at the Grand SCAH Finale on November 2015, in Barcelona (see below).
Global SCAH Prizes
MASTERCARD SPECIAL PRIZE
Spot in the Grand Finale of the MasterCard Masters of Code in Silicon Valley + airfare + accommodation + the chance to win more great prizes!
5 x BEST APP PRIZES
5.000€ cash prizes for the Best App in each of the five categories of the challenge.
BEST FIWARE APP PRIZE
Accelerate your app in the market (more than 150K€ in grants) and make it visible at the Mobile World Congress 2016. The less you can get is 10.000 €!
Phoenix SCAH Final
A total of 10 apps will be invited to pitch live on stage at the Phoenix City Final to compete for the local prizes. An independent jury formed of representatives from Phoenix, partners and mobile experts will select the 10 apps based on the evaluation criteria listed below.
Global SCAH Final
The best international apps per category (Urban Mobility, Energy & Emission, Culture & Tourism, Collaborative City, Shopping & Retail) will form the 15 finalists of the Smart City App Challenge that will be invited to present at the Smart City Expo and compete for the final big prizes. These 15 finalists will be selected by an online jury, composed by international experts, representatives of the cities and partners, between all the finalist apps from the local SCAH competitions on each city.
- Apps are submitted on the Online Competition Page at iDP.com. Terms and Conditions of iDP apply. Check also the AppCircus Terms of Service applying to the global competition.
- Valid apps are those covering one or more of the 5 areas described in the Challenges section
- The competition is open to ANY platform. Participation is open to any developer or firm. Web Apps are also considered valid.
- The intellectual rights derived from the app belong to its creator (person, team or company).
- In order to be able to receive the final prize(s), apps must be available in the Store of the platform for which they are developed by the end of the competition.
Apps NOT permitted
- Apps offensive to public or private institutions
- Primarily political, sectarian or religious in nature
- Discriminatory to any person or group of persons
- Related to weapons/ammunition, tobacco, or adult-oriented
- Addresses the problem statement(s) and solves a real user’s needs
- Quality of user interface
- Technical and operational feasibility
- Economic and financial sustainability
- Creativity and innovation
- Use of the resources required to apply for one of the special prizes (FIWARE APIs, MasterCard APIs, Open Data sets etc.)